If you’re in a non-profit organization and interested in improving your relationship and/or attain new investors, then using social media sites could definitely help you out.
After all, social media has been and still is one of the most effective ways for any business, profit or non-profit, to communicate with their customers and investors. For non-profit organizations, this effective communication tool has helped millions of people worldwide.
If you’re looking to find ways to increase your brand awareness by using social media, here are 5 tips on how to do so:
- People like visiting websites to learn something new about a product, service or news. Why not give your visitors reasons to get excited about when they visit your site? Some examples to increase brand awareness to your organization is creating contests, promotions or sponsorship opportunities. It will help your organization in more than ways than one.
- People and investors alike, also like to contribute something to a cause they know and/or care about. There are many non-profit organizations that do this and do it well. For instance, they have fund raising events, run for a cause, garage sale and so much more. Great things happen when you create something for people to connect with, get involve with and essentially help another while doing the things they love.
- Provide good contents for your readers. By providing value and helpful tips, people will re-visit your website and stay engage through your social media accounts. Delivering great articles with valuable content related to your organization, cause and/or the community helps with retaining your audience as well as keeping them informed on a regular basis.
- Focus on the right social media channels (ex: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest or others). As you know, there are myriad of social media sites to choose from let alone use these days. However, it’s not always necessary to use them all (unless you want to then feel free to do so; just do not over commit). Analyze and determine your investors and your audience that you would like to have and connect with. Are they communicating with you in your Facebook business page or Twitter feeds? Are they rich or medium-earning individuals? These are crucial to know to ensure you attract the right people – the right investors.
- Involvement and interaction. To increase your brand awareness, your organization should interact with the people interested to help. And in return, let them get involved in any way possible so that they can draw in more people to help your cause.
- Use paid advertising. Although this costs money, paid advertisement could go a long way if done correctly. It could help you expand your audience reach and could attract more investors for your organization.
There you have it – 6 tips for your non-profit organization can attract and increase awareness both your investors and the public using social media.