Having the right tool to help increase visibility online for your brand or business is one of the things that every consultant aims for to further their success in the marketplace. And as you may know already, there are a lot of things that you need to consider and do to take that next step with your business.
There are many ways that you can do to advertise your business. After all, advertisement is very important so that your prospects and customers will know that your business exists. You can utilize billboards, celebrity endorsements, flyers and online marketing, just to name a few.
Now, one of the things that you can do to improve your connection with the business world is by means of creating an account on LinkedIn. This site contains a lot of benefits for the following people:
- Business Owners
- Account Managers
- Sales Managers
- And all those people who are looking to build up a profile and gain new customers
LinkedIn is unique compared with other social media channels like Facebook or Twitter, as it was established to serve a specific service – helping connect job seekers and prospective employers.
However, there’s this tool in LinkedIn that independent professionals or freelancers should look into – LinkedIn ProFinder! It’s a service that helps match people that needs projects done with providers though connections. Not many people are aware of this or know how to get started, but signing up is easy. They simply require filling out an application and answer a series of questions online. Once completed, and assuming you already have a LinkedIn profile set up, your profile reflects instantly with your ProFinder profile. If need be, you can always update your information tailored to your industry.
Here are some of the benefits for Freelancers utilizing ProFinder –
- ProFinder looks for the best professionals searching for clients and leads.
- Also, through ProFinder, potential clients looking for professionals can request the services they need (Request for Proposals) and the system sends such request to professionals which gives them a chance to respond with their own proposal.
- Recommendations are crucial in getting hired or not. The more recommendations you have, the higher chances your profile will be featured and seen by prospective clients.
- If you already use the publishing platform to write anything you know about your industry sharing your knowledge, the more you establish your professional identity as an expert – a plus in setting yourself apart from others!
- Signing up is easy – just to their application page (here). Once you’re approved by ProFinder concierges, you’ll be notified via email.
Expertise you need. Experts you can count on.
– LinkedIn ProFinder
Launched in October 2015, LinkedIn ProFinder is not without cons and improvements are being made. Hopefully there will be developments soon for professionals to connect with other prospects/clients outside their geographic location searching for your type of products/services rather than only being seen locally according to your job or project post. This would be a great tool for freelancers and consultants as they, for the most part, work remotely. However, in general, ProFinder is a useful tool for business. You only need to make sure that you use it the right way.
Bonus Tip: Make sure your LinkedIn Profile is at 100% complete and have LinkedIn Publications as these will help you overall whether you use ProFinder or not.
Sources: LinkedIn ProFinder